Grilled prawn cocktail recipe with mango and pink sauce
Enjoy preparing this Grilled prawn cocktail recipe with mango and homemade pink saucewithout a doubt a good way to give a different touch to the classic cocktail parties for special occasions such as Christmas, renewing a little the combination of ingredients and flavors but without losing its identity. The prawns are present but instead of cooked they are grilled and we also have the pink sauce but if you want you have the suggestion of giving it a slight spicy touch thanks to the tabasco. They also go very well with celery and the mango to bring a fresh touch and a few pickled capers to start salivating from the first bite.
Ingredients to prepare grilled prawn cocktail with mango and homemade pink sauce (4 people):
- 2 prawns per person, 8 in total. I have bought them frozen and they are very cheap.
- 1 handle.
- 2 branches of celery.
- 1 tablespoon of capers in vinegar.
- Varied lettuces to taste, I have chosen curly endive that is great.
- Olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- For the pink sauce:
- 50 gr of mayonnaise (you can buy it already made or prepare it with our homemade mayonnaise recipein this way it will be to your liking and with a very personal point).
- 1 teaspoon of tomato concentrate or a tablespoon of fried tomato.
- 15 ml of brandy (approximately a tablespoon).
- Half a dessert spoon of Perrins sauce.
- A few drops of tabasco to give it a spicy touch, although if you prefer you can not add it.
Preparation, how to make the grilled prawn cocktail recipe with mango and homemade pink sauce:
- Defrost the prawns leaving them a few hours before in the fridge, but if you can’t get them thawed in time, leave them submerged in water and in a matter of an hour or even less they will be thawed.
- To prepare the pink sauce simply put all the ingredients in a small bowl: the Mayonnaisethe concentrated tomatothe brandythe perrins sauce and optionally the tabasco.
- Mix everything well with a spoon until there are no lumps, and of course try it in case you want to add more spiciness or enhance any other flavor.
- wash the branches of celerycut the ends and cut them into small slices.
- Peel the mango and go cutting flush with the bone. It has a very wide and fairly flattened central bone, so cut along the sides until you reach it. Cut the mango flesh into cubes.
- Mix in a bowl the celerythe mango and the tapenas.
- Now we are going to prepare the prawns. Remove their heads and, in order not to waste them, I recommend using them when you are going to prepare a recipe with a fish sauce or rice. I have frozen them and I want to use them for rice, in what way? I fry them first of all in oil, in that oil I prepare the fried rice and then I crush the heads together with the broth, strain it and add it to the rice.
- Peel the rest of the body except the tail and one more piece, as you can see in the photograph.
- Put a frying pan on high heat with a little Salt, Pepper and olive oil and when it is hot put the prawns and cook them for a minute on each side. Booking.
- there is only left mount the cups, and I recommend doing it just before serving so that the lettuce does not soften. Place first the lettuce and then the mixture of mango, celery Y capers. put both prawnsone lying down and another vertical to make it look good, and finally throw pink sauce above to taste.
Time: 30 minutes
Serve and taste:
Assemble the glasses just before serving, although if you need to prepare them a little in advance, have everything ready in the absence of grilling the prawns and assembling the glasses. I recommend you choose glasses similar to the ones I have used with that pyramid shape since it is easier to eat in them than if they were round.
The contrast of flavors and textures works phenomenally and changing the classic pink sauce for this sauce, also pink in color but with a different flavor and with that spicy touch, it goes great with these prawns that, instead of being cooked, are grilled and at least that’s how I like it most. like. Enjoy this renewed recipe and a great presentation that is authentic… a scandal!
Variations of the grilled prawn cocktail recipe with mango and homemade pink sauce:
You can use the seafood you preferWhether they are prawns, mussels, octopus, crab meat… at your choice.
You can also modify the fruits used, for example pineapple either papaya They also look great, and even the sauce used can be simply a soft mayonnaise or a delicious homemade tartar sauce.
If you buy the frozen prawnsthaw them by leaving them in the fridge for a few hours or, to do it quickly, immerse them in cold water and in an hour or even less they will be frozen.
If you need to have them practically ready in advance, you can prepare and store in the fridge the sauce and the mixture of mango, capers and celery, in addition to the already peeled prawns. At the last moment, go assembling the glasses while you pass the prawns through the pan and you will have them on the table in a few minutes.