How to make homemade Guacamole with Easy Step
The homemade guacamole It is one of the easiest, richest and healthiest recipes out there. You can not only taste it with the traditional nachos or tortilla chips, but it is also a perfect garnish to add flavor and color to countless dishes. And it takes just over 10 minutes to prepare, so we couldn’t ask for more from this simple but delicious preparation.
The guacamole recipe has managed to cross borders and become one of the icons of Mexican cuisine. As is often the case with such popular dishes, guacamole recipes there are many, the same ones that debate about the ingredients that it should carry. For example, I like to add a little tomato: I think it gives it more freshness. Of course, I recommend you remove the central part so that the guacamole is not too watery.
On the other hand, there is no guacamole without its spicy touch, right? It is typical to use jalapeno pepper, although if you don’t have it at home, you can add a few drops of Tabasco. The fresh coriander It is another of the ingredients that gives character to guacamole, but if you don’t like it, as it happens to me, you can substitute it with parsley.
Do you fancy something to snack on? Well now I’m going to explain how to make homemade guacamole.
Ingredients to make homemade guacamole.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1 medium onion
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 pinch of salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper (or a few drops of tabasco)
How to make homemade guacamole
- peel the tomato and cut it into concassé. That is, remove the part of the seeds and cut it into small cubes. Do the same with the onion.
- Once you have peeled the avocados, crush them with the help of a fork, but not completely. Go crushing them little by little until they form a paste in which you can see a piece of avocado.
- Dress the avocados with the juice of half a limethe olive oil And a little Salt. Also add the spicy that you have chosen.
- Wash the coriander well and remove the stems. Keep only the leaves, which you must chop well.
- Add the tomato, onion and cilantro. Mix everything and check the salt point.
- Garnish the guacamole with some fresh coriander leaves and serve it. If you are not going to consume it at that time, store it in the fridge covered with plastic wrap, so that the plastic directly touches the surface of the guacamole.
Tips for preparing guacamole at home
- For the guacamole to come out rich avocados They must be at their optimum point of maturation. To tell if an avocado is ready to eat, lightly press it. If it gives a little, it’s perfect. However, since no one likes to throw away food, you can also take advantage of avocados that are overripe but still edible to make guacamole. Of course, try not to use those that are still green, because you will not be able to crush them with a fork.
- It is not advisable to prepare the guacamole in advance, since the avocado oxidizes easily. It is true that lime juice delays this process, but in the end it ends up losing the freshness of its color.
- Don’t just taste the guacamole with the classics pop corn. It is also very rich dip with vegetables cut into sticks and it is much healthier this way. Try it with carrot, celery, colored peppers…
- It is also perfect for accompany your dishes of fish, meat or vegetables. You will not only be giving them a plus of flavor, but also vitamins, minerals, fiber and healthy fats.
- For peel the tomatoes the traditional procedure is to scald them, that is, immerse them in boiling water for a few seconds so that the skin comes off easily. However, there are very practical special peelers on the market for tomatoes that work very well.