Must Try these Tasty Eggs stuffed with tuna and tomato
The eggs they offer an almost infinite number of possibilities in the kitchen, that is why it is an ingredient that I always have on hand at home and it is rare that we do not consume eggs in some way, since they are practically a staple in our breakfasts. It is also an ingredient that gives a lot of play in appetizers and for sample, this recipe.
These eggs stuffed with tuna and tomato They are a appetizer that gets ready quickly and above all in a very simple way. The result remains very rich And the best of all is that we can play with the ingredients of the filling to adapt them to our taste.
The eggs can be fill with a multitude of ingredients although on this occasion we have chosen the classic based on tuna and tomato since it is one of the simplest as it does not require more processes than boiling the eggs and mixing the filling. That if, to innovate a little I have added some suggestions of fillings in the section below of variants.
If you like egg appetizers, enjoy classics like broken eggs or fried eggs with potatoes and hamthe traditional potato omelette (with or without onion)the zucchini and onion omelettethe rich homemade russian salad and the seafood salad with prawns and light mayonnaise.
Ingredients very similar to this recipe carry the tuna, egg and tomato dumplings and also the egg accompanies recipes such as cod with ajoarriero or atascaburrasthe broad beans with ham and poached eggthe beef steak tartare and of course about the cordovan salmorejo and the club from antequera.
In addition, the egg is what makes it possible for us to coat preparations such as fried squid or battered squidthe exquisite and juicy homemade chicken croquettes and the Ham croquettethe vegetable tempuraand is a fundamental part of the cod frittersthe Scorpionfish cake or the Salmon Cake.
Ingredients to prepare eggs stuffed with tuna and tomato (4 people):
- 6 eggs L.
- 200 gr of tomato sauce or fried tomato. I encourage you to prepare our homemade tomato sauce.
- 2 cans of tuna.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To accompany you can serve salad. I have used various types of sprouts, radishes, oil and salt.
Preparation, how to make the tuna and tomato stuffed eggs recipe:
- The first step is to cook the eggs. Put a saucepan or pot with abundant Water to heat, enough so that when introducing the eggs they are completely covered, and the fire at medium-high temperature so that it reaches a boil.
- Add a pinch of Salt and a tablespoon of vinegar so that, if an egg breaks in the water, the white curdles quickly and does not spread.
- When the water is boiling, start placing the eggs one by one in a soup spoon and put them in the water. Cook them for 11 minutes so that they are completely curdled.
- When they are cooked, leave them in a bowl with Water cold and, if you are in a hurry to prepare the recipe, also add some ice cubes to speed up the process.
- While the eggs are cooking you can start preparing the filling. Drain the cans of tuna and crumble it in a bowl with a fork.
- Add the ketchup And a little Salt and mix everything well.
- When the eggs they have cooled (cooling is only necessary so that you do not burn yourself and you can handle them well), peel them. With a very sharp knife cut them in half lengthwise (as in the picture) and separate the yolks from the cooked whites.
- Shred with a fork yolks on a plate and mix them in the bowl with the tuna and the ketchup. Also add a bit of freshly ground black pepper to taste and Salt.
- put the clear of the eggs in the source in which they are going to be served and go filling them with the mixture helping you with a spoon so that they overflow the hole of the yolk.
- if left over filling You can serve it in the center of the plate or apart to take it with toast or similar.
Time: 30 minutes
Serve and taste:
Easier impossible! serve them to the center of the table and that the diners take them directly by hand or with a knife and fork; In the latter case, I recommend pouring a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil over them, they are spectacular. Also serves the filling that is left over along with some toast or breadsticks To accompany. If you have leftovers or want to prepare them in advance, you can keep them for 2-3 days in the fridge in a hermetically sealed container.
This dish is undoubtedly the ideal one to serve stuffed eggs, it provides a spectacular presentation and even contains a hole in the center for toast or breadsticks, or for the leftover filling. Even so, the eggs are perfect in any other flat plate or dish and you can include a salad of your choice in the center as I have done. enjoy this simple authentic aperitif… scandal!
Variants of the tuna and tomato stuffed eggs recipe:
The filling of the eggs can include all kinds of ingredients so you can vary them to your liking. At home sometimes I fill them like in this recipe but I put them on a baking tray and pour them on top bechamel and cheese or just cheese and a little gratin in the oven. On other occasions I use the yolks to complete a Russian salad and fill them with that mixture, or I mix the yolk with avocado crushed and anchovies in pieces… as you can see, they can be filled with whatever you want.
stick to the minutes needed to cook the eggsbecause if you cook them for less time they will not be completely hard and the yolk could still be liquid or rubbery, but if you cook too much it is possible that the area around the yolk will oxidize and be left with a greenish tone (it can be consumed without problems but it’s not “pretty”).
taste the stuffing before incorporating it into the eggs in case it needs salt, pepper or even a little oil (depending on the tomato sauce you use, the result of the mixture may be more or less dry) so that the flavor is to your liking.